[Dbix-class] Storable thaw hook

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Mon Jun 25 19:50:03 GMT 2007

On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 02:09:32PM +0400, Oleg Pronin wrote:
> Hi.
>
> ResultSourceHandle did not attach schema back to itself after a row object
> had been frozen with Storable.
> So the update / relationship methods on thawed object do not work.
> Is this a bug or a feature?

Feature - since schemas are generally objects, there's no general way to
know which one you want that we've found so we prefer not doing so - you
just set the result_source/handle after thawing the object instead.

I've been thinking about ways of "naming" schemas so that at least in some
cases this can be done automatically, but I've not figured out a way that's
actually less effort than writing a couple lines to do it by hand - if you
can come up with anything I think there's definitely either a component or
a patch to core in there.