[Dbix-class] Repository layouts

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Wed Jun 27 05:14:49 GMT 2007

It's time for a repo re-org again - -current got detached from trunk so I've
nuked it, and we're starting to get confused again, we seem to be getting
a volume of new committers such that people confuse trunk and -current and
I'm sick of explaining it :)

Here's the basic proposal -

DBIx-Class/0.08/trunk # current trunk
DBIx-Class/0.08/branches/* # possibly empty, maybe not if we decide on an 081
DBIx-Class/0.09/trunk # new -current equivalent
DBIx-Class/0.09/branches/* # equivalent of branches/DBIx-Class/ now

DBIx-Class/tags # tags. shockingly.

The idea of doing it this way is that (1) main point for a given series is
always called 'trunk' so people don't get confused, (2) we're always svk
cp-ing down so pulling an 08 bugfix to 09 is a 'pull' but once we go to 0.10
(if we don't hit 1.0 before that) it's -still- a pull, something the svn book
branches/0.08 etc. layout doesn't handle (fine for them but we've got a better
merging tool so let's use the damn thing).

Thoughts, people?