[Dbix-class] Temporarily turn off table constraints in Postgresql?

Dennis Daupert ddaupert at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 30 01:40:35 GMT 2007

I have tables that mutually reference one another, which prevents initial addition of data to the tables. EG:

"page_content_version_fkey" FOREIGN KEY (content_version, id) REFERENCES content(version, page) ON UPDATE CASCADE ON DELETE CASCADE

"content_page_fkey" FOREIGN KEY (page) REFERENCES page(id) ON UPDATE CASCADE ON DELETE CASCADE

Is there a way to temporarily disengage or silence or otherwise render harmless those constraints to allow the data load? Postgresql 81

I tried running the data load inside a transaction, but no joy.

/dennis