[Dbix-class] DBIx::Class::Schema::RestrictByUser

Guillermo Roditi groditi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 19:33:25 GMT 2007

I have been looking to incorporate RestrictByUser into my current codebase,
but as it stands, it's not yet finished. The code is on BAST SVN, but it has
no tests , makefile, readme, docs, etc. I'd like to bring it to a point
where it's suitable for release to CPAN by no later than the beginning of
April, since I intend to use it for a presentation I will be giving the
first week of that month.

Since this is obviously my priority, I'd like to release it to CPAN and I am
volunteering to do the work necessary, however I would like some help,
especially because I still don't really understand how exactly it bolts into
my current application. I'd like people to consider this a call for
volunteers. I have been bugging mst about this for a couple of weeks,
however he is obviously busy and this is not as high on his priority list as
it is for me so it's time to pull my own weight. I have not been on IRC this
week and I will not be on IRC until at least Friday or Saturday due to the
fact that i am busy doing other things, so I'd like to have this discussion
on the list.

If anyone has successfully used this schema component I's appreciate it if
you stepped out and could share anything you have to say about it, and if
possible any code you have  for it, especially the "bootstrap" portion of it
(i dont know if thats the correct term). If not, I will be working on
pushing out a release, with the blessing of mst / other core devels as soon
as last week, however I would expect the first release to be thin on tests
and docs snice I don't have the time to spend a whole week working on that
stuff, which is why I would appreciate some help.

Thanks,

Guillermo Roditi