[Dbix-class] Multiple belongs_to relationships referencing same class

Tobias Kremer list at funkreich.de
Wed May 2 16:58:20 GMT 2007

> I've not quite understood most of this thread, but it sounds like what you
> want is:
>
> Table with user1_id, user2_id,
>
> query that returns all user2_id matching a given user_id AND returns all
> user1_id that match when user2_is the given user_id.. correct?
>
> I have this with DBIC, no unions involved ;)

Have you tried your approach with a user table that has approximately
250.000 entries? Unfortunately, the resulting LEFT JOIN with OR condition
on this table takes about 10 seconds on my system because MySQL considers
all rows from the user table :( Any ideas on how to optimize this?

Thanx again!

--Tobias