[Dbix-class] admin functions for the storage object?

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Fri May 4 17:17:04 GMT 2007

Hi,

Not sure if this is something other people care about but I end up have to write some
driver specific code for stuff like dis/enabling FK constraints and so forth to make it
easier to deploy tables and preload data.  I know this doesn't effect all databases
and each database has it's own way to deal with this.  So I was wondering if this might
be a useful thing to add to the storage class.  I would add some methods to do stuff
like

-- dis/enable FK support
-- dis/enable triggers

I would be happy to write the implementations for Postgresql, MySQL and SQLite if
you think it's a good idea.  I'd also like to hear what other admin type stuff might belong
on this list.

I know this goes a little OT from the purpose of DBIx:Class but some things just won't
work properly, like deploying, if you can't at least disable constraints in a cross platform
manner.

Anyway let me know what you think.  Thanks!

John