[Dbix-class] Re: New Class::C3 dev releases

Adam Sjøgren adsj at novozymes.com
Mon May 7 15:09:26 GMT 2007

On Tue, 1 May 2007 13:44:37 -0500, Brandon wrote:

> I've pushed new dev releases of Class::C3 and Class::C3::XS out to
> CPAN again.  The big changes are that they've both moved to
> Module::Install (which I'm a little bit nervous about, having never
> put together a Module::Install-based module before), and Class::C3::XS
> now provides _calculate_method_dispatch_tables, which was one of the
> bigger performance-eaters at load-time once calculateMRO was out out
> of the way.

> http://www.dtmf.com/Class-C3-XS-0.01_07.tar.gz

Just some building feedback:

dh-make-perl in Ubuntu 7.04 (feisty) seems to prefer the Build.PL
included in your .tar.gz over the Makefile.PL, but the Build.PL way
doesn't work (the c-compiler is never invoked when doing the ./Build
step and all the tests fail).

Removing Build.PL before running dh-make-perl results in a
debian/rules-file that goes the Makefile.PL way, and everything works
fine building the .deb-package.

Some numbers from the app I work on:

 Just Class::C3 startup time: ~22.5s
   Add Class::C3::XS 0.01_07: ~13.6s
 (Perl 5.9 w/patch:           ~ 3.8s)

Amazing!

[...]
> Also, if you haven't been watching p5p, the mro patch to Perl 5.9.5
> that these Class::C3 dev releases support is official now (no
> gaurantee it won't be ripped out before the 5.10 betas, but we're on
> track for that not to happen I think).

Great!

  Best regards,

     Adam