[Dbix-class] Re: New Class::C3 dev releases

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Tue May 8 01:12:15 GMT 2007

On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 10:25:26AM -0500, Brandon Black wrote:
> Ok, I don't think there's really anything out there that knows about
> Build.PL but not Makefile.PL, so I'll just remove these from the
> packages and release new versions.

I find Module::Build's author-side tools excellent but it's a disaster
for deployment - so with Module::Install I always have a Build.PL that just
does "do 'Makefile.PL';" and include it in MANIFEST.SKIP

In Adam's case, I suspect it was installed before gcc was - if that happens
M::B simply doesn't build compilation support and nothing short of a forced
re-install after 'apt-get build-essential' or equivalent will fix it. This
is one of the many reasons I refuse to use it anymore :)

Shadowcat Systems Ltd.   Contact mst (at) shadowcatsystems.co.uk for a quote
                                          http://www.shadowcatsystems.co.uk/