[Dbix-class] deploying schemas

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Tue May 8 13:26:08 GMT 2007

On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 08:54:40AM +0300, Octavian Rasnita wrote:
> From: "Jess Robinson" <castaway at desert-island.me.uk>
> >btw you can use $schema->create_ddl_dir to get the sql it would have
> >deployed, and fix it up from there.
>
> Thank you! This way I can modify manually the sql created very easy.

The correct approach is to modify the DBIC classes.

Once you've done this, simply stop using Loader and always ->deploy and the
problem will go away.

This is one of the reasons I never use Loader for new development, as I
explained to you right near the start of your first Cat/DBIC project:)

Shadowcat Systems Ltd.   Contact mst (at) shadowcatsystems.co.uk for a quote
                                          http://www.shadowcatsystems.co.uk/