[Dbix-class] Creating custom ResultSet Class.

Oleg Pronin syber.rus at gmail.com
Tue May 8 14:54:59 GMT 2007

I've already done this and it works fine for general things.
Caching at storage layer is much worse:
Benchmark (wallclock time). 1000 times.
->single (w/o): 1.8s
            (cache at storage): 1s
            (cache at resultset): 0.5s

->search (not complex) (w/o): 5sec
              (cache at storage): 1.7sec
              (cache at resultset): 0.7s

Resultset's methods spend much time creating objects from storage results.
This is a lot of useless work if you want to cache results.

I already use it in production and everything's fine. (resultsetcolumn and
iterators are not cached).