[Dbix-class] Re: Resultset classes and auto-loading

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Tue May 8 16:05:24 GMT 2007

Matt S Trout wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 12:35:40PM -0400, Christopher H. Laco wrote:
>> Christopher H. Laco wrote:

nd _02 =

>>> The answer is out there... somewhere...
>>>
>>> http://search.cpan.org/diff?from=3DDBIx-Class-0.07999_01&to=3DDBIx-Clas=
s-0.07999_02
>> Still digging... probably something to do with the fact that
>> AccessorGroup went away u in _02... and it had
>> get_component_class/set_component_class which loaded the class...
>>
>> Now that that is gone, I'd bet we're just missing a 'use' somewhere when
>> we set those class names for resultsets...
>>
>> Speaking of which: mst: any reason not to add a get_set_component class
>> to Class::Accessor::Grouped? I use it all the time myself in
>> handel/mango, so it seems like it would be usefully in CAG...
> =

> None at all. Please do so and switch -current across, I'd forgotten that
> the old AccessorGroup code did this since I didn't make the change and ha=
ve
> always use'd my resultset classes directly myself.
> =

> If this is important to you guys, please can somebody write a test for it
> - if that had been done in the first place the regression wouldn't have
> happened when I did the conversion.
> =

For the sake of me not forgetting this later...
CAG would use 'inherited' as the storage for component classes...

This leads me to believe that get/set_inherited are wrong when used in
DBIC because CAG uses standard ISA, and everything in DBIC is C3.

Assuming that's correct, I'll take a crack ad a CAG::C3...which in
theory is simply the same as CAG with get_super_paths overridden to use
caculateMRO()....

?

-=3DChris