[Dbix-class] deploying schemas

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Tue May 8 21:15:47 GMT 2007

On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 07:05:11PM +0300, Octavian Rasnita wrote:
> From: "Matt S Trout" <dbix-class at trout.me.uk>
> >The correct approach is to modify the DBIC classes.
> >
> >Once you've done this, simply stop using Loader and always ->deploy and
> >the
> >problem will go away.
> >
> >This is one of the reasons I never use Loader for new development, as I
> >explained to you right near the start of your first Cat/DBIC project:)
>
> Oh yes but unfortunately in that case I should know better DBIx::Class than
> SQL, which is not the case (yet... I hope :-)

The true zen of DBIx::Class is to be able to both know exactly what SQL any
given action at the DBIC level will generate and to be able to ignore this
knowledge when working in object modeling terms - and that requires knowing
both equally well; knowing one or the other better is imbalance and will
lead you from the true path.

*smacks nearest novice monk with stick*