[Dbix-class] Re: How to grep field types?

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Fri May 11 16:26:51 GMT 2007

On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 03:22:01PM +0100, RA Jones wrote:
> A. Pagaltzis wrote:
> >* RA Jones <ra.jones at dpw.clara.co.uk> [2007-05-11 15:45]:

> >>Why so? Too much for readability, or for performance?
> >>

> >Readability. Micro-optimisations are not a concern of mine.
> >
> >Use of `map` with multi-statement blocks instantly degrades
> >readability, and nested `map`s and `grep`s are truly awful.
> >

> Noted :-(
> Damian Conway's Perl Best Practices has just landed on my doormat, so
> hopefully my coding-style will begin to improve somewhat :-)

Do not take Damian's Best Practices as gospel. Some of it's good. Other
parts, like his attempts to infect your code with a ::Std, should be
avoided like the plague.

Also, is there any chance you could subscribe from an address that doesn't
have a compulsory retarded disclaimer on it? It's driving me nuts :)