[Dbix-class] get_columns/get_inflated_columns

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Mon May 21 15:17:21 GMT 2007

Msts Vox post about monkey patching reminded me this morning that I
needed to put this somewhere:

> *DBIx::Class::Row::get_inflated_columns =3D sub {
> my $self =3D shift;
>=20
> return map {$_ =3D> $self->$_} $self->columns;
> };

I stuffed it into my DBIC provider just to try it on for size.

Now, I can put this into a base class and have all my schema classes
inherit from that. Sure, it's so easy, a cave man can do it. But I'm not
the first, nor will I be the last to write these three lines of code and
inherit a base classes for source classes just to do this very thing.

Can we just put this in DBIC already?

-=3DChris