[Dbix-class] PF::Auto: empty string vs undef

Jim Spath jspath at pangeamedia.com
Tue May 22 20:38:00 GMT 2007

I just ran into an issue that another user posted to the list in October:

http://www.mail-archive.com/dbix-class@lists.rawmode.org/msg01949.html

I was wondering if there were any updates to this particular issue?

It appears that my only choice is to pass undef instead of empty string
for the primary key column, but I guess I'm just curious if this is
going to be addressed or not :)

It threw me for a loop for well over an hour that the primary key value
was being correctly inserted into the database, but wasn't available
through DBIx::Class.

Thanks!

--
Jim Spath