[Dbix-class] Calling all database champions

Brandon Black blblack at gmail.com
Sun May 27 06:16:50 GMT 2007

Personally, for timestamp values which needn't fall outside of the
standard 1901 <-> 2038 range and don't need resolution greater than
one second, I prefer to just store them as unix time() integers which
are UTC, and do any timezone and/or display conversions at the user
interface.  It seems like a cleaner way to design things to me.  Not
that it has any breaing on the thread really, since we need to handle
timestamps column types correctly, I'm just saying :)

-- Brandon