[Dbix-class] introspection/reflection - finding the 'many to many' relationships of a ResultSource

Zbigniew Lukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Tue May 29 15:22:07 GMT 2007

> Last time you asked about this I spent some time with you working out an
> API for this.

What I remember is that you proposed I should come with something that
would play nicely with Moose.  At that point I've started to read
about Moose and think what you meant with that - and by now I have
following thoughts on that:

1. What Moose would change is that we shall have a way to list all the
methods of a given Row object, but we shall not know where those
methods come from (i.e. if it is a field method or a relationship).
But still this would work on the Row object on on the ResultSource so
I don't know how relevant is that.  I am not sure if I understand
Moose enough - so correct me if I am wrong.

2. Before Moose we need a method to list all the many_to_many
relationships - so I would propose a ->m2m_relationships method on a
ResultSource (resembling the ->relationships method)

3. We need also a way to check some metadata about the many_to_many
relationships - I would propose a ->m2m_relationship_info (similar to
->relationship_info).

I am still not sure what did mean this 'play nicely with Moose'  -
Moose seems pretty general and I don't see how something could be
incompatible with it, and if Moose would duplicate some code than we
could just make it obsolete.

--
Zbyszek
http://brudnopis.blogspot.com/