[Dbix-class] Re: Calling all database champions

Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker ilmari at ilmari.org
Wed May 30 14:20:08 GMT 2007

John Napiorkowski <jjn1056 at yahoo.com> writes:

> I worked with Oracle in a past life (but not with
> DBIC) and have been bitten by various TimeDate related
> issues.  Perhaps we can collaborate on the next
> development cycle to work out a good API for this and
> perhaps for other special column types?

Yes, I've been thinking of for something similar for
InflateColumn::IP and automatically formatting the
address appropriately for various column types (e.g.
integers or PostgreSQL's inet and cidr types).

Currently (not yet committed) I'm just mapping from
$info->{data_type} to address formats without regard for
the storage type, but that doesn't feel very robust.

--
ilmari
"A disappointingly low fraction of the human race is,