[Dbix-class] autosetup of dbic classes from master dbic class possible?

Mario Minati mario.minati at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 29 09:07:24 GMT 2007

Hello,

I'm developing an intranet application with Catalyst an postgresql. As deleted
(and old) records needed to be accesible I created the following db
structure:

table: company - contains company data
  - PK: id
  - on delete/update copy old data to company_historic

table: company__historic - contains old (or deleted) company data
  - PK: historic_id as row id is no longer unique

  - Union All select over company and company__historic

  - filtered view of company__view_all only containg the newest
   (MAX on row modified) records for each id

I have the same structure for another 10 (later more) object types.

What I want to achieve:

I would like to write a DBIx::Class component that automagically creates the
instances for ..__historic, ..__view_all, ..__view.

What would be the best way to realize this?

Thank you for every helpfull wink :-)

Greets,
Mario Minati