[Dbix-class] Database Schema Designer

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 1 15:09:02 GMT 2007

--- Sven Eppler <sven at sveneppler.de> wrote:

> Hello Guys!
>
> I've got a quite simple question: Does anybody know
> any good and usable
> database schema design tool? I'm searching for
> something which
> represents my tables and their relations graphicaly
> and then allows me
> to export these schemas to SQL.
>
> I already knwo DBDesigner4 by FabForce. But that's
> no big hit on linux
> (64bit) because it needs some additional libraries
> which are only
> available for 32bit. (and no, i don't want a 32bit
> chroot only for this
> tool :) )
>
> So anybody got some ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Sven

Toadsoft has a free version of a tool that I like to
use:
http://www.toadsoft.com/toaddm/toad_data_modeler.htm

It let's you create tables with 25 entities in the
freeware version. Unless you have a seriously
entangled DB (which might be a probably in itself...)
you can just create multiple models for huge projects.

--John