[Dbix-class] new lines of make_schema_at

Fayland Lam fayland at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 08:44:13 GMT 2007

hi, all.

I use make_schema_at to dump the schema of my db to a path. but there is
a weird situation.
the pl code are as follows:

make_schema_at(
    "Foorum::Schema",
    { debug => 1, dump_directory => $path },
    [ $config->{dsn}, $config->{dsn_user}, $config->{dsn_pwd} ]
);

every time I ran the pl, there will be a new line \n between

# DO NOT MODIFY THIS OR ANYTHING ABOVE! md5sum:rG4bblRQbEwYm7daujAJuw

# You can replace this text with custom content, and it will be
preserved on regeneration

like: before is 2 new lines \n between them, but after is 3 new lines \n.

I find in DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::Base

line 490: print $fh $text . Digest::MD5::md5_base64($text) . "\n\n"; add
a new line
and sub _get_custom_content get all lines under "DO NOT MODIFY THIS OR
ANYTHING ABOVE! md5sum"

so every time it will add an extra new line.

is it designed by default?

after I change to print $fh $text . Digest::MD5::md5_base64($text) .
"\n"; it's fine.

OK, it's not a big issue. but since all Foorum::Schema are under
subversion, so every time I ran the pl, all Schema pm is updated with a
new line. it's not so convenient.

Thanks.

--
Fayland Lam // http://www.fayland.org/