[Dbix-class] Replication

Jim Spath jspath at pangeamedia.com
Wed Oct 24 16:37:50 GMT 2007

What is the current state of replicated database support in DBIx::Class?

We are considering creating a master/slave setup with our MySQL
database, but weren't sure if it would be easy to support it in our
Catalyst/DBIx::Class applications.

 From previous discussions on the list, it seems like DBD::MultiPlex is
out of favor?

I searched CPAN and found DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Replication, which
utilizes DBD::Multi.  It's labeled as experimental, which makes me
nervous about using it in a production enviroment, but it sounds like
exactly what I am looking for.  Is it stable?

There must be DBIx::Class users who are setup and running a replicated
database.  What solutions have you come up with?

Thanks!
- Jim