[Dbix-class] Replication

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Wed Oct 24 20:18:51 GMT 2007

On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 11:37:50AM -0400, Jim Spath wrote:
> What is the current state of replicated database support in DBIx::Class?
>
> We are considering creating a master/slave setup with our MySQL
> database, but weren't sure if it would be easy to support it in our
> Catalyst/DBIx::Class applications.
>
> From previous discussions on the list, it seems like DBD::MultiPlex is
> out of favor?
>
> I searched CPAN and found DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Replication, which
> utilizes DBD::Multi.  It's labeled as experimental, which makes me
> nervous about using it in a production enviroment, but it sounds like
> exactly what I am looking for.  Is it stable?

The authors are using it in production.

They did not, however, write any tests for it. At all.

So I marked it EXPERIMENTAL on the grounds that the plural of anecdote is
not data.

A client of Shadowcat's is also interested in this soon; much though I dislike
being commercial on this list now would be a really good time for people who
care about this to mail me at my work address and I'll see about organising
one of the DBIC contribs we contract to do some sponsored test-writing split
between all the commercial interests involved.

(said address being mst -at- shadowcatsystems.co.uk)