[Dbix-class] Replication

Norbert CSONGRADI bert at cpan.org
Thu Oct 25 10:08:06 GMT 2007

> > I searched CPAN and found DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Replication, which
> > utilizes DBD::Multi.  It's labeled as experimental, which makes me
> > nervous about using it in a production enviroment, but it sounds like
> > exactly what I am looking for.  Is it stable?
>
> The authors are using it in production.

Yes, we use it for almost 2 years in a really busy ISP production enviroment.
It's quite stable (no problems so far), but currently it lacks
the "replication lag" solution. Theoratically it's very easy to solve, just
set up a "timer" with a function for which period all reads should be routed
to write source (suggested by Tim Bunce - DBI author) and your application
has to know the situations when a write operation could be followed by a read
operation very fast.
I plan to implement it soon (because I need it too) and plan to write some
tests :s 24 hours a day is very few you know :(

Please feel free to send patches and suggessions (as well you can contact me
on #dbix-class -> 'Bert')

--
Best regards,
   Norbert Csongradi