[Dbix-class] last insert ID from MSSQL?

Mon Oct 29 22:15:37 GMT 2007

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 12:44:42 -0700
Marc Mims <marc at questright.com> wrote:

> * Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> [071017 12:30]:
> > On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 04:48:49PM -0700, Michael Higgins wrote:
> > > Folks --
> > >
> > > Something changed to break the lousy hack I had to get this before...

[8<]

[ Sorry for the delay in responding. ]

> > I'd be delighted to get you a commit bit so we can maintain this in mainline
> > DBIC if you're willing?

Matt, I wish I were, but I'm not capable, really.

> What does $schema->storage->dbh->get_info(17) return?

Marc, it returns "Microsoft SQL Server"

> Assuming get_info(17) returns something useful, what's needed is a
> trivial little module based on that name that provides
> _dbh_last_insert_id and _sql_maker_opts.  See the source for
> DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::ODBC::DB2_400_SQL as an example.
>
> If you're not up to writing the module, I'd be happy to put one together
> you can test.

Well, as I say above, I'm not really up to these kind of tasks. If you make something to fix up this glitch, I'd be glad to test it -- provided you tell me how I'm supposed to use it in my application.

Thanks!