[Dbix-class] lost connection during query

J.G.Konrad konradjg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 21:50:05 GMT 2007

I was wondering if anyone had experience with this type of error, "DBI
Exception: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Lost connection to MySQL server
during query" while using DBIx::Class ?

our MySQL server was getting swamped with too many connections so I changed
the wait_timeout to 30 seconds rather then the default of 28800 seconds.  In
work.  That is, if the connection is gone ( timed  out ) , DBIx::Class will
reconnect. Am I hitting some kind of race condition with the reconnection
behavior?

I am using  version 0.08003  DBIx::Class.

any thoughts / comments are appreciated.

-jk