[Dbix-class] Setting LongReadLen for catalyst session

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Mon Sep 3 19:57:24 GMT 2007

On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 04:15:30PM -0400, Jason Gottshall wrote:
> My Catalyst session table uses a CLOB field (Oracle) to store the
> session data, so at some point I need to set $dbh->{LongReadLen} to a
> reasonable value. I found a place in
> Catalyst::Plugin::Session::Store::DBIC where I can check for a config
> value and set LongReadLen locally.

This functionality should be in DBIx::Class. Patches to Storage::DBI::Oracle
welcome.

The whole point of having a database abstraction is for it to -abstract-
stuff.

Polluting Catalyst:: modules with this sort of thing is Bad and Wrong (tm).

http://chainsawblues.vox.com/                    http://www.shadowcat.co.uk/