[Dbix-class] How to get bind values into DBIC::QueryLog

Richard Jones ra.jones at dpw.clara.co.uk
Fri Sep 7 15:17:57 GMT 2007

I find DBIx:Class::QueryLog very useful in dumping SQL data to the
browser in a nicely formatted table, but find it lacks one very useful
feature of DBIC::Profiler - displaying the bind values. That makes it
easy to run the query manually in a client.

If I have followed the logic correctly, bind values are passed from
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI to
DBIx::Class::Storage::Statistics::query_start(), which is then
over-ridden in Catalyst::Plugin::DBIC::Profiler::DebugObj.

I'm not sure how to do this in DBIx:Class::QueryLog (or the catalyst
plugin DBIC::QueryLog, or its possible successor?). I've read and
attempted to emulate the My::Profiler example from the Profiling section
of DBIx::Class::Manual::Cookbook, but it's a lamentable mess (my attempt
that is, not the original).

Any help much appreciated.
--
Richard Jones

Britain. It's time to face the music. Have you got what it takes? Visit
www.carphonewarehouse.com/xfactor