[Dbix-class] RE: SQL Generation with SQL::DB

Fri Sep 7 21:55:36 GMT 2007

At 11:50 AM +0200 9/7/07, Dami Laurent (PJ) wrote:
>Matt Trout mentioned a couple of weeks ago in this list a project
>to improve SQL::Abstract, but as far as I know this hasn't started yet.

It's possible that Matt is waiting for me to do something about this,
since I promised him the moon and stand a good chance of actually
delivering it soon.

I'm proposing that my in-development Perl Hosted Muldis D language,
code written in which takes the form of a tree of Perl array refs,
would be a good replacement for the SQL::Abstract-defined AST format
that DBIx-Class currently uses to specify queries.

See http://utsl.gen.nz/gitweb/?p=Language-MuldisD for the latest
committed version in version control.

Muldis D is very flexible, elegant, and portable, and anything you
can express in some other database query AST format can be expressed
elegantly by it, whether SQL::Abstract-current or otherwise.

In a few days I expect to have some working examples.

-- Darren Duncan