[Dbix-class] Pointless update on a date field

Richard Jones ra.jones at dpw.clara.co.uk
Wed Sep 19 23:10:35 GMT 2007

Matt S Trout wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 10:05:14PM +0100, Richard Jones wrote:
>> Time::ParseDate works nice, providing dates are >= epoch (1970-01-01).
>> But it's not much use for dates of birth, at least for an adult
>> population. For a date before 1970, Time::ParseDate parsedate() does
>> generate the $no_of_seconds_since_epoch (a negative number), but
>> DateTime->from_epoch( epoch => $no_of_seconds_since_epoch ) dies as it
>> seems unable to handle a negative number of seconds.
>
> That's a bug. Report it to DateTime's rt queue and see about sorting out
> a patch (I just checked with the author and he's happy to take one).

Well it would be if it were actually true, alas I cannot reproduce it so
I reckon I must have been mistaken, sorry :-(

An unlikely bug anyway come to think of it as it would have been amazing
if no-one had noticed a problem before when using pre-1970 dates.

So my date handling functions are all working nicely now. Thanks all.
--
Richard Jones