[Dbix-class] complex relationships I

Mark Lawrence nomad at null.net
Thu Sep 20 23:23:46 GMT 2007

On Thu Sep 20, 2007 at 11:32:20AM -0700, Benjamin Hitz wrote:

Hi Benjamin,

> Hi, we are in the process of replacing an old, hand-rolled API (and
> bags-o-sql) with DBIc.  Our Oracle database is pretty large (~110
> tables) with some complicated relationships.  We have used

> So CVTERM_RELATIONSHIP has two foreign keys to the CV_TERM table.

This is slightly off topic, but you mention quite a few relationships
between tables, however according to the SQL statements you gave none
of the foreign keys have been defined.

I would like to suggest that you make relationships between the tables
explicit, especially given the apparent complexity. It would certainly
be easier to understand what's going on when inspecting the schema (and
for the people you ask questions of :-) not to mention the additional
benefit of the database forcing some integrity on your application.

If what you posted was simply some pseudo SQL then please ignore my
ramblings.

Regards,
Mark.
--