[Dbix-class] OSCON 2008 schedule is posted (and I'm on it for the first time)

Darren Duncan darren at darrenduncan.net
Wed Apr 2 07:18:25 BST 2008

All,

For those of you who are interested in such things, today is the first day
that the OSCON 2008 (Jul 21-25) registration is open, and event schedule is
posted.  You can see it at:

   http://en.oreilly.com/oscon2008/

In addition, I am pleased to announce that my proposed 45 minute talk,
which introduces my Muldis D language for DBMS programming, has been
accepted.  This marks the first time that I'll be speaking on anything at a
major conference.  I have been scheduled for 17:20-18:05 on Wednesday in
room D137/138.  You can see it listed at:

   http://en.oreilly.com/oscon2008/public/schedule/presentations/Databases
   http://en.oreilly.com/oscon2008/public/schedule/detail/2700
   http://en.oreilly.com/oscon2008/public/schedule/grid?date=2008-07-23

I also intend to do earlier (practice) runs of the talk at smaller venues,
such as self-local interest groups.  Maybe also at OSCON PostgreSQL Day on
Jul 20 ( http://pugs.postgresql.org/taxonomy/term/53 ) if that works out; I
will be in attendance anyway.

So now I really have a lot of work remaining to do in preparation for that.

-- Darren Duncan