[Dbix-class] Path roundup, mark II

Peter Rabbitson rabbit+list at rabbit.us
Fri Apr 25 17:13:35 BST 2008

Matt S Trout wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 10:20:16PM +0200, Peter Rabbitson wrote:
>> Matt S Trout wrote:
>>> Anything left or do we start cutting 08100 dev releases?
>>>
>>> (the "single accessor doesn't return undef" test patch doesn't count
>>> unless somebody produces one that doesn't break the rest of the test suite,
>>> it's a silly bug but I'm not delaying for it)
>>>
>> There was some crazyness that leaked from SQLT, don't know if it can be
>> considred serious enough (makes deploy of moderately complex schemas
>> unusable on mysql, possibly others):
>> http://lists.scsys.co.uk/pipermail/dbix-class/2008-April/006056.html
>
> Is that our problem or SQLT's?

I'd think DBIC since the affected file is part of the DBIC distribution.

> If ours, is anybody interested in writing a failing test and/or a patch for
> this?

There is nothing to write really, just a reversal of the patch introducing the
regression (mentioned in the email thread). Nobody ever claimed the commit, so
I am not sure what the procedure is. If you release the way it is now deploy()
will be seriously borked on mysql at the very least. I can write tests for
this if you think it will be beneficial (so it doesn't leak in again).

OTOH I have to admit that I am not entirely sure what was the purpose of the
initial changes. Seems very counterintuitive.