[Dbix-class] Components, overrides, and method call ordering

Jason Galea lists at eightdegrees.com.au
Tue Aug 12 00:18:26 BST 2008

Hi all,

I have a component which overrides row methods and I have overridden one of
these methods in the table ResultSource as well. The method in the
ResultSource is being called before the method in the component whereas I need
the component method to be called first.

Is there a simple way the affect the order in which these methods are called?

To work around this I have moved the method from the ResultSource into another
component and loaded this component after the original.

This works fine but just feels a bit clunky.

Let me know if I've been too vague.. I've tried to avoid a whole bunch of
irrelevant detail..

cheers,