[Dbix-class] Feature proposal for DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::connect_info

Oleg Kostyuk cub.uanic at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 14:18:33 BST 2008

2008/8/26 Peter Rabbitson <rabbit+list at rabbit.us>:
> ->method([{}]) seems rather weird to me. Why not go the whole 9 yards
> and change it to take either the old ([...]) or the new ({...}).

Of course, "...->method([{}])" seems slightly weird.
In reality, you will need to write such code in very-very rare conditions.
But writing configs needed more often, isn't ?
And as for me - possibility to have self-documented and pretty looking
config is more important.

Yeah, we can "go the whole 9 yards" and create big patch with all
things done properly.
This patch will be not so small because it will touch not only one module.
And of course, such patch will take much more effort.

>From other side, this patch already created and tested, it's short and
can be used right now.
IMHO, of course.

PS: probably, this patch is needed mainly for Catalyst rather than for
DBIC itself.
It's just a sugar for config files. All other (and
"...->method([{}])") - just a side effect.

--
Sincerely yours,
Oleg Kostyuk (CUB-UANIC)