[Dbix-class] Feature proposal for DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::connect_info

Oleg Kostyuk cub.uanic at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 11:31:16 BST 2008

> Well, if the patch is only designed for Catalyst...
Not "only" but "mainly" ;)
And this is just in my case, not more - may be someone else want to
use Config::General and DBIC without Catalyst, and this patch will be
good for him too. Because of this I created patch for DBIC and not for
Catalyst::*. Of course, if by your opinion "we need adapt this to
Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema" - I can do this. But by my personal
opinion, creating additional parse_connect_info method is more generic
and so it's preferred way. Moreover, if I understood correctly, it's
not so hard to do - just slightly modify current patch.

I also thinks about possibility to add other parameters, such as
'driver', 'host', 'dbname' etc, but this way looks more longer and I
don't need such features at the moment - so my decision was to quickly
make short patch that just works (tm).

I'm not so deeply know all internals of DBI/DBIC as you, Matt :) - so
I'm hope you give me good direction for further moving. We can use
personal emails instead of pollute mail list, if you prefer.

--
Sincerely yours,
Oleg Kostyuk (CUB-UANIC)