[Dbix-class] how to add a method that performs a database lookup?

Adam Witney awitney at sgul.ac.uk
Mon Dec 15 12:13:14 GMT 2008

Hi,

I am new to DBIx::Class, but have so far been impressed with how easy
it is to use, so thanks to those that have developed and continue to
develop it.

I wanted to know, is there a way of adding a method to a class that
performs a separate database lookup. I have used the Cookbook example
for "Arbitrary SQL through a custom ResultSource", but this returns a
query that is plugged into a sub-select. Can i access the database
connection handle at all (eg $dbh) to build my own SQL query?

thanks for any help

adam