[Dbix-class] Paging PG people re SQLT

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Mon Feb 11 21:11:13 GMT 2008

SQL::Translator support for postgres is tending to suck compared to MySQL
and SQLite.

This is because people keep fixing the other two and the people who like
postgres seem to go "this doesn't work" a lot but not send patches (and
of course postgres attracts a lot of DB-centric people who like maintaining
their own SQL but really Versioned rocks and would work for you if a bit
of work was done ...).

I would invite anybody who wants postgres to be supported first-class to
join the sqlfairy-developers list -

and help out. We've got SQL::Translator in subversion now and our very own
Jess Robinson (castaway) is able to apply patches and grant commit bits if
things pass muster, so there's no real barrier to getting this done except
that YOU BUNCH OF MISERABLE BASTARDS AREN'T PULLING YOUR FINGERS OUT AND
WRITING CODE.

And I'm a miserable bastard too for not fixing it myself, but at least
I'm on the damn list - and the last person who did send a patch for
pg support was one of my team at Shadowcat so I'm going to hide behind
him :)

And if you get stuck trying to fix stuff, we can get together on IRC or
whatever and work through it.

So come on people, if you care about postgres get on there and help - even
testing ideas on different versions, thinking of use cases and posting test
cases in whatever form you can work out would be a great start.

Please?