[Dbix-class] Paging PG people re SQLT

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Wed Feb 13 10:39:02 GMT 2008

On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 03:36:58PM +0900, Matt Rosin wrote:
> I am not a PG expert unfortunately. But as a user would like to note
> 8.3 has many new cool things, including a new XML data type (old xml2
> method will be deprecated). Much developer candy in there it would
> seem.

You don't need to be a pg expert.

You just need to try stuff and if it breaks tweak the perl code that
broke.

I'm assuming if you're on this list you can write perl.

Come -on- people, all I'm asking is that you try. If you can only get
something half working, or identify which bit of code is causing the
breakage, that's a start.

I spent my first couple of years of CPAN contributing making a complete
idiot of myself reporting bugs that weren't there and sending code fixes
that didn't work right. I still manage it every so often. But if something
half worked, somebody else picked it up and made it work properly.

Don't let "but I'm not good enough" get in the way. If nobody else is
even trying, you're better than what we already have :)