[Dbix-class] Oracle Column Quoting

Steve Kirkup skirkup at jupiterimages.com
Wed Feb 13 19:58:26 GMT 2008

Howdy,

  I have a rather unique problem and I am unsure of how to fix this.  I
am connecting to Oracle, one of the tables I HAVE to work with is using
a keyword as the column name (I didn't do it!).

  The way to get select statements to work is by single-quoting the
column call.  Example:

SELECT
  'me.level'
FROM
 test me;

The problem is that DBIx::Class does not do the single quoting by
default and the single-quoting behavior, I don't believe, does not work
for all databases.

Does anyone have suggestions about how this problem could be addressed?

Steve Kirkup