[Dbix-class] Close connection [Solved]

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Thu Feb 14 14:06:47 GMT 2008

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 08:39:57AM -0500, Christopher H. Laco wrote:
> Emmanuel Quevillon wrote:

> >>Hi Matt,
> >>
> >>Did you get my last email with code included?
> >>I tried to install new version of DBIx::Class 0.08009 but the problem
> >>persists even the built-in server provided by Catalyst.
> >>Do you have any clue of what's going on?
> >>Cheers
> >>Emmanuel
> >>
> >We (Matt and me) solved this problem.
> >It looks like that DBD::Sybase cache statment by default. That's why
> >each time a request is done, the connection is kept open.

Not quite.

It seems to open one connection -per- -sth- you have around.

Which makes no sense to me and is probably a DBD::Sybase bug unless that's
actually how the protocl works (which seems ... unlikely)

> >Do avoid it, just add option { disable_sth_caching => 1 } in the
> >connect() sub.
> >That's all.
> >
> >cheers
> >

> Dare I ask. Should that be turned off by default for the Sybase storage
> in DBIC...to avoid this very thread again because Sybase won't close
> connections, but others will?

We could. I'd rather we found out if it's a bug and add a warning re a buggy
DBD once a fixed version's out.

Would love a doc patch for the mean time ...