[Dbix-class] Re: utf8 / pg double encoding problem

demerphq demerphq at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 20:06:14 GMT 2008

On 06/01/2008, Daniel McBrearty <danielmcbrearty at gmail.com> wrote:

> > In any case the raw HTTP request that leads to all this would be
> > interesting.
> >

> I can tell you that the data in the raw request is just the 9 bytes of
> UTF8, exactly as shown by Dumper. I looked at it with wireshark to be
> sure.
>
> To give some background, this is getting pulled out of a form by
> javascript (which sees unicode), converted to UTF8, and then submitted
> as a POST to the cat controller. The $edit param is just another CGI
> parameter as far as Cat is concerned though.

Just a note to be careful about your terminology. "which see unicode"
is meaningless really, utf8 is unicode, utf16le is unicode, utf32 is
unicode, etc they are just different encodings. I think you mean "raw
codepoints", but i doubt that JS operates on UTF32 (aka raw codepoints
at this time), it most likely operates on utf16le or utf16be.
(Whichever one Windows uses internally).

Yves