[Dbix-class] Bug with relationships on new objects.

brett gardner brett at clientcomm.com.au
Mon Jan 7 03:20:32 GMT 2008

I have a schema where there are clients who have subscribers.

So there is an object "Client" which has a has_many relationship to
"Subscriber".

If I do the following

my $client = $app->schema->resultset('Client')->find(...);
my $subscribers = $client->subscribers;

Then the relationship is correct and only pulls out the subscribers
attached to that client.

But if I do the following.

my $client = $app->schema->resultset('Client')->new({});
my $subscribers = $client->subscribers;

Then all the subscribers are pulled out which is not ideal and
potentially a very embarrassing privacy breach. Looking at the SQL
generated by "$client->subscribers" it is not putting in the limiting
where clause "WHERE me.client_id = ..."

This is occurring in version 0.08008.

Brett