[Dbix-class] Resultset with memcached

Tobias Kremer list at funkreich.de
Thu Jan 10 08:50:57 GMT 2008

Quoting sindharta_tanuwijaya at yahoo.co.jp:
> Actually, I think that the bottleneck in my case here is the time it takes to
> perform database queries. I haven't tried DBIx::Class::Cursor::Cached yet,

The bottleneck almost always is the database :)

> but looking at the posts, it seems more appropriate for me than
> Cache::Memcached. Any thought how long a value will stay (valid) inside the
>  cache in DBIx::Class::Cursor::Cached ?

DBIx::Class::Cursor::Cached is not a replacement for Cache::Memcached. It just
makes ResultSets cachable in an easy way. The main caching is still done via
one of the available cache modules (like Cache::Memcached). The POD example of
DBIx::Class::Cursor::Cached uses Cache::FileCache:

$schema->default_resultset_attributes({
  cache_object => Cache::FileCache->new({ namespace => 'SchemaClass' }),
});

--Tobias