[Dbix-class] Master/Slave Replication (again)

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 14:19:49 GMT 2008

Hi J,

The current system has been updated to accept an argument when getting
a connection as to whether it should be using master or slave.

This works well as it's transparent in the application as to which is
being used as there are many cases where data having been just been
writen will immediately be read again - such as creating, then
confirming new records, etc.

I can see how to do this in class::dbi - I'd pass the the 'use master'
flag down to the point where it get's the connection. I can't see how
I would do this with DBIx::Class - any suggestions as to how that
could/should work or equivilent alternatives would be much
appreciated.

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk