[Dbix-class] fyi, official terse Muldis D dialect for daily work

Wed Jan 16 09:58:35 GMT 2008

At 7:18 AM +0000 1/16/08, Matt S Trout wrote:
>The (still somewhat vapourware) B::Simple project I and others are working
>on aims to produce a developer-friendly optree abstraction to make just this
>sort of thing possible - while DBIx::Perlish and ::StORM both prove you can
>do perl -> SQL without an optree abstraction a quick look at the internals
>of either demonstrates that the result is utterly impenetrable for anybody
>uinfamiliar with the perl internals, which is why I haven't bothered trying
>for DBIC yet (the author of ::StORM originally expressed the intention  to
>help with it for DBIC but evidently he decided reinventing the wheel was
>more fun ... sigh).
>
>Once B::Simple starts to work I'm hoping Anton will help out and consider
>porting Perlish - he certainly seemed open to the possibility last I spoke
>to him. That should give us a nice start in terms of making other relational
>things backend onto it.

Thanks for this info.  I look forward to that tool.

In the mean-time, I'll tweak my AST to make it as easy to use as is
possible without losing the expressibility it currently has, so
anyone wanting to directly use the Muldis::DB::Interface roles won't
have much difficulty.  Or the same to those who may want to use the
AST apart of said implementation.

-- Darren Duncan