[Dbix-class] Re: 3-5 beer reward for improvements in DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader

Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker ilmari at ilmari.org
Sun Jan 27 09:27:07 GMT 2008

"Guillermo Roditi" <groditi at gmail.com> writes:

> Pretty simple:
> Make DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::mysql add the following to it's
> loader output, where applicable.
>
> For one beer each:
> -  extra => {unsigned  => 1,}

I've just committed this to the current branch¹ (since it changes the
generated schema).

[1] <http://dev.catalystframework.org/svnweb/bast/revision?rev=3980>

> -  is_auto_increment   => 1,

This has in fact been in current since medio December, see details at
<http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.perl.modules.dbix-class/4713>
and <http://dev.catalystframework.org/svnweb/bast/revision/?rev=3898>.

BTW, I still need help with adding support for this to the Oracle and
DB2 loaders.

[snip]

> For a submission to be valid it should work, contain POD, and optional
> tests. Ideally the test suite would prompt you and ask you if you want
> to run the tests or not, but if you can just make some tests that work
> and put them in etc/ or somewhere else that's fine too. All
> submissions should be licensed under the same licenses as
> DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader.

I assume just committing the code (with tests, of course) counts as
well? There's no POD for the changes I've done so far since they don't
affect the usage of the module, just the generated schema, and that's
not documented anywhere anyway.

I guess DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::DBI::Writing should be updated with
the methods for setting the is_auto_incrment and extra attributes. I'll
make sure that's done before we release 0.05000, which I want to do as
soon as we have is_auto_incrment on all the supported DBs.

> First come first serve!!
> For payment on completion please email groditi at gmail.com or look for
> me in #dbix-class  (groditi)

Yay! Beer!

--
ilmari
"A disappointingly low fraction of the human race is,