[Dbix-class] Re: A better Digest / Encoding / Encryption Component

Guillermo Roditi groditi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 14:57:06 GMT 2008

On Jan 30, 2008 3:23 AM, Moritz Onken <onken at houseofdesign.de> wrote:
> You should have a look at Crypt::SaltedHash, which is used by Catalyst.
> There is also a Plugin called DBIx::Class::SaltedPasswords which I
> wrote some month ago. It's pretty simple implementation.

So you are using a Digest::* module AND knew that DigestColumns
existed (you linked to the POD) and you couldn't just submit a patch
or ask for a commit bit to add the 3 lines it would habve taken to
support salts? *sigh*

--Guillermo Roditi (groditi)

PS I realize it's my fault for forgetting to include salt support, but
seriously, it's not that hard to bug me and everyone that's dealt with
me knows I am not picky about patches / suggestions / commit bits