[Dbix-class] DBIx::Class and caching

Tobias Kremer list at funkreich.de
Thu Jul 3 08:47:30 BST 2008

Quoting Andreas Pronakis <andr3as at yahoo.com>:

> I was wondering if anyone has tried using the module
> DBIx::Class::Cursor::Cached but replacing the cache engine Cache::FileCache
> with Memcache?

Yes, we're using it in production for a site serving approx. 10 million
pageimpressions/month and it never failed on me. I've been told that it's also
in use at Takkle Inc. It works wonderfully for caching stuff that is supposed
to invalidate itself after a certain period of time. It's usage might be a bit
unfamiliar if you want to invalidate stuff manually because you have to have
the exact same ResultSet that was used to fill the cache in the first place.
Other than that I highly recommend its usage because at the moment it seems to
be the only useful working DBIC cache implementation.

I'm setting the cache_object attribute for all resultsets at once via the
schema's default_resultset_attributes() method.

--Tobias