[Dbix-class] Versioned Cluelessness

Ash Berlin ash_cpan at firemirror.com
Wed Jul 9 10:25:02 BST 2008

On 9 Jul 2008, at 09:41, luke saunders wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 1:22 AM, Ash Berlin <ash_cpan at firemirror.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On 9 Jul 2008, at 01:13, luke saunders wrote:
>>
>>> Yeah, I've just added a change to Versioned.pm which should strip
>>> those BEGIN/COMMIT statements out. Ideally we'd have SQLT not
>>> generate
>>> them in the first place but I don't think that's going to happen
>>> before we release this. Anyway, if you could test the change that
>>> would be good.
>>
>> Um no. SQLT *should* generate them, since almost every proper RBMS
>> does
>> transactional DDL (hell, even sqlite does it)
>
> Right, but we don't want it to because we wrap it in our own
> transaction.

Except DBIx::Class isn't the only user of SQL::Translator. If it was,
things would be much easier.

I see two options.

1) A flag to not add BEGIN/COMMIT
2) Continue to strip it out and ignore it

My vote is for 2, since that way the sql diff file is still 'correct'
when used outside of ->deploy/->upgrade

Thoughts?

-ash